Pages

Wednesday 17 June 2020

Acid Rain

How is Acid Rain form?
- When fossil fuels like coal, oil, and natural gas are burned, carbon dioxide, nitrogen oxides, and sulfur dioxide are released into the air. These molecules will dissolve in the water in the clouds and make the rainwater more acidic than normal and that is how acid rain forms.


How is it affecting coral reefs?
When the acid rain pours in the ocean/sea and mixed it up with the seawater, the aquatic animals. The acidity threatens the coral reefs by making it hard for the coral reefs to develop their skeletons. 

How can we prevent it?
-Produce energy without using fossil fuels.
- Use recycle material.
- Use renewable resources.



No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.