Pages

Thursday 22 August 2019

Pythagoras Theorem || Math

In Maths our class have been looking and working in the formula called Pythagoras Theorem. This formula is used when a triangle has a right angle triangle or sometimes called 90°. This formula is used to find the Hypotenuse, the hypotenuse is the longer side of the right triangle and the opposite side of the right triangle. In Pythagoras Theorem the sides are labelled by letters like (a,b and c) or anything but in algebra letters are numbers.

To calculate a Pythagoras Theorem you have to read the problem and find out what they are looking for. Square root can be seen in the operation because it's a part of it.

What is the square root?
The square root is when the number has to be timed by itself like and the symbols of a square root  can be √ N or N² 

Here is the example to show how it works:

This is the diagram


First, you have to draw a diagram and put a label with a,b and c.


1. Next, write down what have you been given.
a = 5
b = 9
c =? Hyp

2. You write down the proof/theory formula. 
"To calculate the distance of the c we can use the Pythagoras Theorem."
a² + b² = c²

3. After that, you write the numbers down and remember that the 2 beside the number given represent as a square root so it means it times by itself.
5² + 9² = c²
5x5 = 25
9x9= 81

4. Therefore you have to write down the two answers once you times the number by itself and then add answers together.
25 + 81 = 106
C² = 106

5. After you find out the answer when you add them together, you will now have to find the square root of the answer.
C² = 106
C² =√106
Ans = 10.29

One of the jobs that Pythagoras can be used is in a building they used the 3,4,5 triangle.
I did some research about Pythagoras Theorem like 
"Where can I use Pythagoras Theorem in real life"? 
I have found out that it can be used to calculate the steepness of slopes of hills or mountains. A surveyor looks through a telescope toward a measuring stick a fixed distance away, so that the telescope's line of sight and the measuring stick form a right angle.














5 comments:

  1. Hi Jhermaine
    Lovely work. I like how you have clearly shown all the steps and have added pictures to help explain it. I don't think I have anything bad to say about it.
    Well Done
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jhermaine, What an amazing post. I really like how you have included so much information in the time you were given. I like the way you have included pictures so the viewers aren't too confused about the topic. The one fault I have is some sentences aren't too clear and I don't really understand. Otherwise Great blog post Jhermaine you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jhermaine, I love how it is easy to understand and I know what you are talking about. I really like how you have added photos and so much information in a small time limit great job!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Jhermaine!
    I like how simple your post is and how easy it is to understand the topic. On some parts, I can agree with Rykin on one part where some of the sentences don't make too much sense. Anyway, the effort you put into this is amazing.
    Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jhermaine,
    I really enjoyed reading your post. I found it easy to follow and feel that you have explained the topic well. My only confusion was around step 3... when you say square root is the ^2, I am pretty sure that square root is when you use division to find what number x itself makes the number, when you are using ^2 you say squared because it is the number x itself. Other than that well done.
    - Miss Morgan

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.