Pages

Thursday 8 August 2019

Design a Game in Mathematics

In Math, we've found out that we are having difficulty to understand the literacy words for the 4 basic operations in Maths. Our teacher, Mr Rees made us think how many words that could be used to identify the basic operation. At first, we search what are the math action words that are base about the  4 basic operations in maths.

We've been looking and making word clouds about the 4 basic operations in maths. After finding all the words we put them in collum to easily find which operation is the word is included. After gathering all of the words we made a word cloud for each operation and put them in Googe Slide Show. We also put the table that has the 4 operations besides the words cloud that we made for each operation.



The next thing we talked about is designing and making a game however before we made a game we have to make a design process first to plan which game we should do. To make an amazing game we come up with many ideas of games.



In our group, we decided to do the game Pick a Path base on the previous slide which about the 4 basic operations. If there's a minor error just like when you click the correct answer but this word came out on your screen ‘Incorrect! Please try again’ it's must be because of you misclicks it. Make sure you click the word in the box with the answer you think is right and not the yellow background.



We also made a video clip that explains how to play the game, Pick a Path. Our aim is to encourage kids to learn literacy in Math. Literacy in Math is most commonly used whenever you are doing Math Words Problem.


What do you think about the game? Do you learn any math words from the game?

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jhermaine, This blog post is looking really good it is really easy to read and the video is really easy to hear. The game sound really good and I like how you have found all those words keep it up.

    Thanks Josh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Josh, I hope you enjoyed the little game that we made about Math.

      Jhermaine,

      Delete
  2. Hello Jhermaine, My name is Mark, I come form St Bernadette's School and I am 9 years old. I really liked that little game you created and all your other blog posts. It was very interesting to look at and I think the game is a little complicated for me since I'm only a year 5. Anyway, I thought it was really good! (′▽`〃)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mark for giving feedback to my blogpost. I hope you enjoyed the game and I hope you learnt new words that can be used in Math.

      Jhermaine,

      Delete
  3. Hi Jhermaine hope you are having a good day. My Name is Niamh I am from St Bernadette's. My city is Christchurch. I realy like how you made a slide show about other names for math words. I know different names of math word too. You could add more pictures in your quiz. I think your game is very good I learnt lots of math word from the game. How much time did all of this take you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and how much time did you take to make this

      Delete
    2. Hi greetings I'm from St Bernadette school and I'm from Christ church city and Hie Hie road. I really like the post you have made
      please make more. This one was hard so please make the next one easy.
      I like it but please make pictures. I like your post please make pictures cause I want more.
      please comment and I'll comment again
      and please sub to my blog link is https://stbsstanleyc.blogspot.com/
      sincerely by Stan

      Delete
  5. Hi Jhermaine, this is Tiffany I am a year 4 from st Bernadette school in Christchurch. this math game is really helpful for kids. It helps me with my learning. I used some things I knew to solve the answer. You could make harder math games to challenge people.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.