Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2019

Stars-opoly

Last week on Wednesday, our class went to the Stars-opoly, we did some activities much staff from the different organisation came to our school. So basically the Stars-opoly is like a Monopoly but it's about community and there are different station and that station is the organisation here in Christchurch. There was a large monopoly board and on that board, the organisation has been written down on it. Our stars mentor gave us a booklet and each group of 3 gave a plushie that looks like a dice. On the booklet, there are 6 questions about there organisation and we have to ask them what they are doing in their organisation and they gonna answer those.


The skills that I have used on that day, I used some confidence, commitment and respect. I also tried my best to listen from what they say and I also trust the people around me. I actually didn't push myself out of my comfort zone but I tried my best to co-operate and be friendly to others because I am not the person who could approach people easily because I easily get shy. For just 1 hour I have learnt that should open my eyes widely to see what is happening around me so I could help the community and to think what could be happened If I wouldn't help my(our) community. Throughout the time when we were in the auditorium, my favourite part was when Summer and I went to the lifeguard because he tells a lot of things that what might be happened if we drowned and what responsibilities they are going to do. Maybe if the Stars-opoly would happen again I would hope that we would get a lot of time because 1 hour is not enough for all of the organisation that's in there.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jhermaine! Thank you for your thoughtful response. I am so happy that you learnt some things about organisations in the community, and enjoyed talking to some new people :) Awesome Work!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.