Pages

Wednesday 15 May 2019

Reflection || Maths

In Maths, we have been doing a lot of interesting facts.

Facts Learning:
We are trying to find out what is the biggest number in the world.
What do I mean by biggest number?
When I say the biggest number I am talking about How many liters of water in the Ocean.
- Roughly, there's 1,260,000,000,000,000,000,000 liters (1,260 x 10^24)
How many people are in the world?
Currently, there are is 7,691,622,860 population of people in the world and it’s adding more.
(7x10^9)

Large Numbers - Metric Prefix:
What do I mean by Large Numbers?
I mean by the large number is like Million, Billion, Trillion, Quadrillion, Quintillion, Septillion, and Sectillion. How do we know how many zeros are there in Septiloion?
There's an easy way to write the numbers than doing the normal way. We can use the Indices.

What is Metric Prefix?
A metric prefix is a unit prefix that precedes a basic unit of measure to indicate a multiple or fraction of the unit. Metric Prefix


Converting Number:
In this topic, instead of using heaps of zero you can use or convert it into an index(exponent). 

Indices:
What are Indices? 
The index tells you how many time does it have to multiply by itself. Math is Fun



The Laws of Indices: 
- The first law of indices is when you are multiplying the two number with the same base you also need to add them to power indices. When we multiply the two number with the same the indices are added.

- The second law of indices is when we dividing two numbers written in index form with the same base. When we divide the two number with the same base we have to subtract the indices.

- The third law of indices is If the result of a number raised to a power is itself raised to power then the two powers are multiplied. We have to multiply the two powers to get the answer.

Flying around the Solar System in an A380:
For this topic, we have to choose a planet to calculate how many days/year it takes to go to that planet. Faith, Summer and I choose to do the Mercury and we also make a class slide show to put our work.





\

Percentage:
In this topic, we have to get the percentage of the space between the planets.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jhermaine! It's Summer!
    I love how you've laid out this information, it's very tidy and easy to read. There are a few grammatical errors, yes, but it's still a very great post! I enjoyed learning about Mercury with you and Faith, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Summer,
      Thank you for your positive feedback and I am sorry for grammatical errors, I was rushing to published on time. I also enjoyed learning about Mercury with you and Faith. I hope we could work together again for the next task.

      Delete
  2. hello jhermaine
    i like the lay out and the way you put every thing in but can you please shorten how much you wrote a little, and also the writing doesn't tell me if i was a passenger looking at boreding the plane where it is are we going to float in space or are we going to go into other planets.
    by liam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liam,
    Thank you for your positive comment I appreciate it. What do you mean by the passenger?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have nice work good job 😁👍 from Ashley

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.