Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Pikelet

This week we made pikelet. Pikelets is just like a pancake but smaller one.

Ingredients:
1 c plain flour
1/4 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1 egg
1/4 c sugar
3/4 c milk

Method:
1. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl.
2. In another bowl beat the egg and sugar with a whisk until pale and thick.
3. Add the egg mixture and the milk to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
4. Gently heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and brush with a little melted butter. Drop a tablespoonful of the mixture from the point of the spoon onto the surfaces.
5. When bubbles start to burst on the top of the pikelets, turn them over and cook the second side until golden.
6. Place in a clean tea towel to cool.
7. Serve with a sweet or savoury topping.

Image result for pikelet

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.