Pages

Friday 25 October 2019

The Merchant of Venice || Can Do Task

In English, we have just finished reading Act 1 and no we have to complete 2 tasks from Can do task and I have chosen to do the Vocabulary and Character Map and post it in our blog.

Vocabulary:
Venture:  A business investment with the chance of making more money but the risk of losing the money put in
Vessel: A ship or large boat
Signior: It's Italian word used for gentlemen to call them Mr/ Rich citizens(well-fed and so portly)
Mortifying: Embarrassing or humiliating
Profound: Great in degree or intensity/ Showing great and deep intellectual understanding.
Exhortation: An act or instance of exhorting/ Language intended to incite and encourage.
Virtuous: Having or showing high moral standard.
Squandered: Wasting(something, especially money or time) in a reckless or foolish manner

Character Map

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.