Pages

Monday 27 July 2020

Children of Blood and Bone Chapter 2

L.O: For today in English I am learning to compare what happened in chapter 2 in real life.

Chapter 2 - Zélie
“It’s a diviner tax.” I grip the draped fabric of my pants, still haunted by the guard’s touch. “They came for Mama Agba, too. Probably hitting every home in Ilorin.”
  Tzain presses his fists to his forehead as if he could smash through his own skull. He wants to believe that playing by the monarchy’s rules will keep us safe, but nothing can protect us when those rules are rooted in hate.
This could be compared to some countries that are corrupted and take to much money from the people, a government that takes away the freedom of the people. This also reminds me of what is happening in America as police brutality going there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.