Pages

Friday 24 July 2020

Street Art

In Art, we have been looking at street art around Christchurch. We have also been told to do a research about street art and choose a street art that captivates our eyes and makes us interested.

Ballerina
Painter: Owen Dippie
Date: 2014 Rise Festival
On the back of Isaac Theatre Royal in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand
is where the ballerina painted on. This art was the final piece in Christchurch’s first street art festival.

Feedback: The reason I like this is because of how the black background
contrasts the blue dress of the ballerina and how the dress looks like its glowing.
From my point of view, the dress also looks like a blue flower

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jhermaine,
    You make good observations about this mural by Owen Dippie. I agree with you that the ballerina looks like a flower seen from the overhead point of view. Do you think the subject matter (ballerina) was specifically chosen because it was painted near / on the theatre? What else do you like? Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.