Pages

Monday 24 August 2020

Toning Street Art

This past few weeks in Art we have been focusing on Street Art around Christchurch. For this topic, our teacher asks us to choose street art and do some toning.

What is Tonal Drawing?
Tonal drawing varies from the bright white of a light source through grey to the deepest black. Tonal drawing is the art of gradual increase or decreases from light to dark from one part of the drawing to the other.

Putting Christchurch street art on the map - Tourism New Zealand Media
This is the Street Art I choose to do


This is the toning I did 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Jhermaine,
    Wow, your drawing looks exactly like the street art. I notice you have spoken about toning - being a novice I am unsure what you mean by this? Do you think you could please explain it for me?
    - Miss Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Jhermaine, You have interpreted the tonal values of the Street Art well here. Your drawn tones must be related to the different colours somehow? Miss Morgan asks a very good question. How would you explain tone?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.