Pages

Friday 23 October 2020

Dilution Reflection

In Art, we have been focusing on Dilution. The subject matter of my painting is the moon. The moon is the centre in the picture space and the moons were kinda surrounded by clouds. I used diluted white acrylic paint to make a  thin wash.  I brushed this on the painting paper with the black gesso. This created a grey tone. To make lighter, grey tones, I added second and third layers of wash. For the highlights, I paint some part of the moon over and over again as the moon shines at night, I also highlight some clouds that were near the moon to make it look like the moonlight reflects the clouds. Yes, the negative space is important in my painting as it represents the night time and to make my moon stands out. I just find the painting interesting and I think it's very refreshing for me because I just now paint a moon or scenery again.





1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jhermaine,
    You have used the dilution technique well and the dilution matrix to discuss the different elements of the painting. Your moon could have a few additional light tones to make it brighter but overall you have adjusted the tones in the clouds. Good work. Of the clouds you have painted, which do think are most successful and cloud-like?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.