Pages

Saturday 15 June 2019

Different parts of New Zealand Government.

Prime Minister - The leader of the party with the most seats in parliament. They have to be supported by the majority of MPs The Governor - Generally formally appoints the Prime Minister to organise and lead the Government.

Cabinet Minister - They have special responsibilities for running government departments, such as Treasury, the Ministry of Education or the Ministry of Youth Development.

Head of State - She (Queen Elizabeth) appoints a Governor-General as her representative.

Governor- General -  The Governor-general summons parliaments appoint Cabinet  Minister and approve any bill passed by Parliament before it becomes law. He or she follows the advice of the Government and does not get involved in the party politics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.