Pages

Friday 26 February 2021

ESOL

In ESOL, we have a student teacher in our class. Mr Stephenson has asked us a question.

What three items would be best to have if you were lost in the mountains in New Zealand in winter, and why?


If I were lost in the mountain of New Zealand in winter, It would be great to have with me an emergency kit, an extra jacket and a hatchet. I can probably survive for two days in the mountains if I have these three items before I'm found by rescuers.


Having an emergency kit is helpful as it has these essentials: radio, batteries, torch, flares, pocket knife, a small amount of food ration, a medicine kit and a blanket to keep me warm, will somehow make my horrible situation a little easier. Since they can send signals, flares would be the first-most useful thing in the emergency kit and then the rescuers will know my location. The second item will be the medication kit, in case I’m injured, having this would be useful. I can treat my injury and stop the potential infection if I have a medicine kit. The food ratio would be the last important thing for me in the emergency kit, of course, I needed food and water to survive in the mountains, food and water would give me energy so that during this situation I would be able to think clearly. 



An extra warm jacket would be needed since I'm out in the jungle in the winter. Since a jacket is a strong heat conductor, it will help me to keep my body warm and prevent body heat loss. Considering that it is expected to be colder and windows at night in winter.


The last item that would be best if I have during this circumstance is a hatchet, being in a wild place there is a high possibility that wild animals are lurking around where I’m staying or standing. I know that safety comes first and having this I can protect myself from any harm. I can also use a hatchet to cut branches and build a shelter to use it at night.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.