Pages

Friday 19 March 2021

Week 7: Reflection in ESOL

In ESOL, we have been reading the second book of Gary Paulsen called The River. These past few weeks that we have been reading, I found the story very interesting as it's about a journey of a boy trying to survive in the woods. As in the second book, three men asked Brian if he could recreate what happened to him in the first book (Hatchet). However, this time he is not the only one who needs to survive in the woods, he is trying to get through in wildness together with a psychiatrist named Dereck. Dereck would be the one who will write what they're or what Brian is doing in the woods that enables him to survive. But little did Brian know after a smooth week of spending in the woods, a disaster strike. A bolt of lightning hit their shelter that was made by Dereck and himself.

So far, I like the flow of the book. What I like about the story is because somehow the book is based on a true event. The book conveyed a message on how to make fire just by using a knife and flint. It also tells what people need to do in case they are in the same situation as Brian and Dereck. Another purpose of the book was to teach people who read the book in case they got in the same position as Brian and Dereck. Just like I said, the story can educate the audience as I learned that even though people are in a state of coma, their body system is still excreting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.