Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

Ping Pong Ball Experiment

The purpose of this blog post is to demonstrate the scientific method. This is part it the end of the topic assessment. 

Aim:
The Aim of the experiment is to measure how high the ball bounce depending on how high you drop it from

Hypothesis:
The hypothesis is the more you drop the ball higher the more it's gonna bounces.

Method: 
Step 1: Gather all the Equipment
Step 2: Set it up.
Step 3: Person(a) should hold the ruler vertically and straight.
Step 4: The other person(b) should look at the ruler/measure the height the ping pong ball drop.
Step 5: The person(a) holding the ruler should drop the ping pong ball in three different kinds of height.
Step 6: The other person(b) should pay attention to the ball& ruler
Step 7: You should do three trial in that three different kinds of height to compare.
Step 8: Put the result.
Step 9: Add the three trial together in 40m and divide the answer into three.
Step 10: Repeat step 9 in the other height.
  
Results - Graph:

Drop Height(m)
Trial 1
Trial 2
Trial 4
Average
40
26
22
27
25
60
37
36
35
36
100
52
53
55
53


Discussion + Conclusion: 
The higher you drop the ball the higher it's bounce because of the more speed up the higher its gonna bounce. It matches my hypothesis because when I thought when I drop it higher it will bounce higher.

Evaluation:
It's improved because I followed the method and we did 3 trials and we drop it different height and we compared them if there are any different.

1 comment:

  1. This is a brilliant blog for your experiment! You have given great detail for how you did the experiment and to show us the results. AWESOME :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.