Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2019

My Family Crest || Social Studies

In Social Studies we have been talking about Coat of Arms/Crest. These past few weeks we have been making a crest that will represent my family.

What is the coat of arms?
Coat of Arms is a shield with a symbol and figurines that represent a family, person, a group or other organizations.

Why do we have then?
We have a coat of arms because the symbols on a coat of arms are meant to represent the achievements of the person, state, or corporation to whom or which the arms were granted.

Why are they important?
Coat of arms or Crest are important because it uses for national coats of arms is as the main symbol on the covers of passports, the document used internationally to prove the citizenship of a person.

I made a coat of arms or a crest that will symbolize and represent my family.




Philippine flag - I put a Philippine flag since I am from the Philippines and there's a meaning of the color in the flag; a horizontal blue stripe for peace, truth, and justice; and a horizontal red stripe for patriotism and valor.
Eight rayed sun- The meaning of eight-rayed the sun in the center of the white triangles represents the first eight provinces in the Philippines.
Three Stars- The three stars represent the three main island group in the Philippines: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao 
Baybayin or Alibata- On the opposite side of the three stars is the Baybayin or Alibata. Baybayin is an ancient script used primarily by the Tagalog people. 
Rosary- I add a rosary because of people in the Philippines are religious. It also means showing respect to other people and being faithful to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.