Pages

Monday 11 March 2019

Language fitness || Set 2

1. Nouns
Write the missing abstract nouns.

As the ship went down, he looked on in ______ and _________.

2. Verbs
Add suitable verbs to this passage
We were on a school camp and after_________ ghost stories all evening,
I was happy that I didn't have to ______ out in tens.

3. Prefixes
Underline the prefixes.
The note he played was a semibreve

4. Suffixes
Add a suffix to this base word.
thoughtful

5. Synonyms 
Write a synonym for the following words.
eager- impatiently
early- untimely

6. Antonyms
Write an antonym for the following words.
public-private
cruel- compassionate

7. Homonyms
Write two meaning for the word 'even'.
(a)
(b)

8. Homophones
Write homophones for the words below.
flower- flour
threw- through 

9. Abbreviations
What do these stand for?
NZ - New Zealand
Aust - Australia

10. Contractions
Rewrite each of these in long form.
wouldn't - would not
she'll - she will 

11. Singular/Plural
Write the plural of these words.
baby -
calf -

12. Adjective
Write three suitable adjectives you could use to






No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.