Pages

Tuesday 18 February 2020

Simile and Metaphors || Creative Writing Matrix

In English, we have started to do a task from Creative Writing Matrix. I have to explain the difference between metaphor and simile
L.O: Today I am learning the difference between metaphor and simile using examples

What is a Metaphor?
Metaphor is a way of talking things or an action that is not true. It's also comparing two things but not saying like or as.
Example:  
The tear is rain that it's falling from the cloud.
He is a snoring dragon.

What is Simile?
The simile is related to metaphor but in simile, you are comparing two unlike things using the words like or as.
Example: 
He moves like a sloth.
Her eyes sparkle like diamonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.