Pages

Tuesday 24 September 2019

Design Process|| Classroom Layout

Yesterday we move to a new building and in Math, we were asked to layout the classroom. In our class, we have 24 small tables and 2 high tables.

This is the new classroom set up/layout is currently like this.











Brief:  In our, we design a classroom layout for T8

Research: My group and I did some research to find an example of a classroom layout. We took some ideas from them.


Idea-  1st
What we like about this is that there are so many spaces in the front and there is enough walking area. There are different numbers of tables so if they want to work in a group or individual. It looks neat and organized.

What I don't like about this is that it's hard to see the whiteboard and we have to turn our head to see the board.





2nd Idea
We didn' actually change anything in the table but we change the tv and whiteboard.

What I like about the ideas is you don't have to turn around to see the whiteboard because the tv and the board are in the same area(in the front).

What I don't like about this is that 3 tables in the left might distract on what is going outside the room because it's a window. The students in this part might not be able to see the board and tv clearly.


The 2nd idea is our final idea for the classroom layout because we are able to see the board clearly.

What do you think about the classroom layout? What do you like and dislike about the idea?


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jhermaine,
    I really like your blogpost because I think you have explained everything clearly. I also like your layout you have made for the new Math room. GJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jhermaine, I like how you have detailed on every bit of your blog post. I also like you added the picture of your idea. Maybe next time you could add some individual tables for students that need to work on their own. Other than that great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jhermaine.
    I really like how you have layen out your post. It is very easy to read and to understand what is going on. Well done. I don't have anything bad to say I don't think.
    Keep it up
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.