Pages

Thursday 19 March 2020

Kiwifruit DNA

Yesterday in Science, our class did an experiment that has to do with Kiwifruit. 

Aim: 
Our aim was to find out and separate the DNA of the Kiwifruit.

Equipment: 
Kiwifruit, Liquid detergent, Salt, Ethanol, Test tube, Beaker, Cloth Strainer, Mortar and pestle, Ziplock bag.

Method:
1. Get the Kiwifruit and cut into half.
2. Squeeze the Kiwifruit out of the skin. Put the squeeze Kiwifruit into Mortar and pestle.
4. In a mortar and pestle, mush the Kiwifruit, until all the big chunks are gone.
5. After mushing the fruit, put 2 squirts of liquid detergent.
6. After putting liquid detergent, strain the kiwifruit that has detergent in a cloth and put it in the ziplock bag.
7. Once you put it in a ziplock bag, get a pinch of salt. Set it for a few seconds.
8. Put the mixture in the test tube and put ethanol.

Observation:  
After putting the ethanol I saw that the kiwifruit DNA separated to the kiwifruit. 

Results: 
We were able to see the DNA of the kiwifruit at the end of the experiment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.