Pages

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Tomorrow, When The War Began Chapter Ten


1. Why does Homer insist on going on with the plan after Corrie’s house blows up? How does he convince Corrie that this is a good idea?
- Because he was hoping they might think that they will be dead and blown up in the house
2. Describe the strategy Home and Ellie use to ensure their safety when riding their bikes into town. What does this show about how they are starting to think?
- They were riding a bike and Homer was riding two hundred behind Ellie so it would be less obvious. She would stop when every intersection is coming and would signal at Homer once the road is clear.

3. Why do you think Mr Clement is reluctant to help Lee and Robyn? How would you react in his position?
- I think the reason why Mr Clement is reluctant is that he doesn't want to get caught and he might don't know who to trust. If I were in Mr Clement situation I would not be by myself and I would join Homer and others. There's a possibility that they will also catch me if I stayed at one place.

4. How has Homer changed in Ellie’s eyes since the invasion?
He became thoughtful, serious and braver.

5. What are the 2 different types of soldiers and how do they each treat the inhabitants of Wirrawee?
The first one is the professional one, they are the one treated people better. The second one is just there to make up the numbers, they are treating people badly and not trained well enough.

6. Why do you think Robyn had the strength to carry Lee?
- Based on Ellie's reaction, she knows that Robyn was pretty fit and strong. Since they are friends Robyn knows how important to rescue Lee.

7. How have the group decided to rescue Lee, whose idea was this and why do they think it will work.
- They planned to get a truck from the Council Depot's and Homer and Ellie would burn down the street. Roby would go back to the restaurant and get Lee ready and gets him to go to the close street and do anytime that will fill the time and wait for Homer and Ellie to arrived. Then they will et everyone get into the truck. It was Homer, Ellie and Robyn's idea. I think it's gonna worked because they didn't just agree in one option but they make a brainstorm and everyone participate in the scheme and everyone agree to the plan

8. What do you think happened to people who ‘tried to be heroes?’
Probably dead or was capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.