Pages

Tuesday 15 September 2020

Stencil

 In Art, we have been working on our stencils. For the stencil, I choose to create one of the characters from One Piece; Ace. I choose to do him as he is one of the cool characters in the anime. For the background, I tried to create a similar colour to fire elements because his power is fire and it also represents his personality, that is why I put red at the top and yellow on the bottom and I tried to blend both colours in the middle to make it looks good and create an orange-ish colour. For my stencils, I choose the colour black to make my character stand out and react to my background and the tool I used is the paint sponge brush. The space you see in his face is his hair, the reason I didn't add his hair in my stencil is that I just want his face to be the whole point of my stencil and so his hat and I think it looks good this way. The reason why I add his hat is that it's one of his trademark in the anime, which he already had when he began his journey as a pirate. Another reason why I choose him is that he is one of the brothers of the main character - Luffy that sadly died in the anime. My work is too simply because I don't want to add anything on my painting and I like how plain it is.




1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Jhermaine, Good mahi! You have explained the source of your character Ace and the way you link the background colour to his personality well. The stencil allows the background negative space into the positive shape of the stencil. Could you position the stencil within the painting to emphasize this more?

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.