Pages

Friday 25 September 2020

Children of Blood and Bone Chapter

 Chapter 79 – Zélie

Inan’s amber eyes trap me in the truth of his betrayal, but it isn’t the gaze I know. He’s a stranger. A soldier. The shell of the little prince.
Note: It is interesting to think about how Zélie became an empty “shell” after Saran tortured her. After talking with Saran, Inan became a shell, also.
Think back to when Inan said they had no choice but to kill the maji.
Zélie said “There’s always a choice.”
A message I take from this scene is Inan believes that magic should be gone just like the beliefs of his Father. He trusted and has more faith in his Father, I also think he believs in whatever the king says because he will be the "future King of the Orisha".

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.