Pages

Friday 25 September 2020

Children of Blood and Bone Chapter 76

 Chapter 76 - Amari

  “So is it my turn?” Zélie asks. “Is this where you push me?”
I shake my head. “I needed to hear that. I needed you. After Binta died, you were the first person to treat me like more than some silly princess. I know you may not see it, but you believed I could be the Lionaire before anyone ever uttered that name.”
...
“No matter what he did, no matter what you see, believe me when I tell you it is not forever,” I say. “If you broke me free, you will find a way to save yourself.”
A message I take from this scene is even though Zelie lost her magic Amari still believe that she can bring the magic back in Orisha and so is Zelie's magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.