Pages

Thursday 3 September 2020

Dogs of the Vastness

 We have been studying Antarctica. We listened to a story about Nanook, a husky who was sent to Antarctica on an expedition in 1901. We then wrote the next chapter of the story from Nanook’s ‘Point of View’. 

Another morning starts, our team just woke up from sleep. While I am sitting and staring at the light coming from outside while waiting for Weller to feed us, I’m looking forward to what are we going to do today. We start the day just like how we always did - eating, but somehow I felt like there is something different today and that is probably because Weller didn’t talk to us and I guess I am the only one who noticed how he didn’t speak to us as Hectors and others are still eating aggressively, and maybe I’m the only one who is questioning regarding how he acts. 

An hour has passed and Weller still didn’t let us egress the barn and put us any harness. While on the other hand, Hector and the team are getting really impatient as they now starting to howl but after waiting for another thirty minutes Weller finally come back except this time I can feel his heavy emotion, now I’m really sure that today is different. I know Weller didn’t come here to get us to work.

After we all ate, Weller gathers us all together and now he is looking so serious. He told us that in two days we will be leaving Lyttleton and we’ll be moving to our new house called Antarctica. Right after he told us the news, the mood changes as Hector is now looking solemn, Fluff came back to his sleep as anything didn’t happen. I can’t fathom my feeling as I went outside to wander around and wondering what’s in Antarctica; wondering if there’s a field full of green grass I can run around, wondering what’s the environment and climate and so many wonders drift in my mind.

Two days have passed since we have heard the news and today is the day we are leaving Lyttleton, it’s been three nights since I have a nice sleep since I heard the news I can’t stop thinking about it. 
Our ship has arrived, I can see that it’s loaded of containers and few people probably also going in Antarctica but it has enough space for us roam and run around. I run as if I am not worried about leaving, I run as if I am not wondering. I can’t wait to see what awaits for us in our new home called Antarctica.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.