Pages

Friday 25 September 2020

Children of Blood and Bone Chapter 75

 Chapter 75 - Zélie

“I could skin Saran alive and I still wouldn’t have my revenge.” I shrug off his hand. “It’s not about him. It’s not even about me. If I don’t stop him tomorrow, he’ll destroy my people like he destroyed me.”
For the first time since the torture, I feel a hint of the old fire that used to roar louder than my fear. But its flame is weak now; as soon as it flickers, it’s blown out by the wind.
Notice that Zélie is putting her duty before herself, just like King Saran and Inan.
But how are they different from each other? I think their difference between each other is Zelie only want the King to be dead while King Saran wants all the maji and diviners to be gone. Zelie would also sacrifice herself even it means death just to bring back the magic.

At the end of the chapter, we are led to believe Zélie is going to go to Roën’s room. Instead, she goes to Amari for support. Why is this important? It's important because you can see the development of Zelie's characte and the relationship between Amari and Zelie, you can see the difference how Zelie acts toward Amari on early chapter and in this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.