Pages

Monday 21 September 2020

Children and Blood and Bone

 Chapter 66 – Inan

Father stands in his night robes, scanning a faded map. No sign of hatred. Not even a hint of disgust.
For him, carving MAGGOT into a girl’s back is just another day’s work.

In that instant it hits me: Zulaikha’s death. Zélie’s screams. They don’t mean a thing to him. Because they’re maji, they’re nothing.

This reminds me of a corrupt government that doesn't care about those people in his country that are poor and living slums.

The message I take from this scene is that the King doesn't feel any care but nothing but hatred towards the maji/diviner. He resents the maji because the maji killed his family before.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.