Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2019

What is Critical Literacy?

Today for English we watched videos about critical literacy, talked about critical literacy.

Today I watched the video and the video was about a teenage girl affect her brain. On the video, the teenage girl looks like have dead brain she doesn't care what is going on their house because she is attached to the electronics and her parent don't what to do.

So what is critical literacy?
Base on my research, Critical literacy is defined as the ability to take apart various texts in media or writing to find any possible discrimination that the author might have embedded in his or her presentation of the world since authors have social and political influence. Critical literacy encourages readers to actively analyze texts and offers strategies for what proponents describe as uncovering underlying messages.


Related image


Here is the video about the brain-dead teenage girl.

What makes the video convincing?
The video looks convincing because of the way how the doctor is talking and on the video, the doctor looks like him in the office and the doctor was talking about x-rays. However, at some point, I think it's not true because for me the girl was so attached to her phone.

How are teenagers portrayed in this clip?

The teenager was just so attached to her phone and she said that she's no appetite and just rolling her eyes and can barely talk because her focus is on the phone.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jhermaine Summer here. I really like how you explained what Critical literacy is and what the videos were about. Do you know what the girl's name is in the dead brain video? Maybe next time read through your work to make sure it makes sense and check your punctuation. Some of the sentences you wrote down don't really make sense.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.